Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Faith Builder



Today , my brother and I are helping my parents move out of the home they have lived in for thirty-four years. I moved to that house with them when I was eight years old and my brother was seven. The house they/we are leaving holds many wonderful memories. Birthday parties, holidays, graduations, anniversaries and just everyday life have all been celebrated within those walls. My three daughters (who are helping, too!) have spent many nights with their grandpa and grandma at that house and have enjoyed chasing fireflies, eating bowls of ice cream, hunting Easter eggs and swinging on the tree swing my dad built for them.


We are all also preparing their new house. We are excited about their new adventure—no stairs, a new neighborhood, fresh paint, a pool and exercise room nearby, and their best friends living across the street. As melancholy and sentimental we are about leaving the old house, we are equally as excited about enjoying the new one. We know that walls don’t connect us, hearts and love do, and that many more memories await creation.

Change is a part of life. Transitions can be hard. Loss can be difficult. Newness can be filled with joy and excitement. And we sometimes feel it all at the same time. No matter what you are experiencing in life right now, trust that God is with you. God loves you. And God has a new adventure awaiting you.

-Pastor Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment