Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Faith Builder


Next week, our family will celebrate our youngest daughter completion of elementary school and our oldest daughter completion of middle school.  (Our middle daughter gets to hang out in middle school for her second year.)  That means that beginning in August, we will have two kids in middle school and one in high school!  And I will be greatly missing elementary school.

I love holiday parties and school carnivals. I adore beginning band concerts and lots of art projects.  I appreciate knowing the teachers really well and knowing they know my kid really well.  And yet, life moves on.  I am learning that though these stages of life are over, the next ones bring gifts and joys of their own.

I will have fun watching our girls try new activities at school and discover what they do and don’t enjoy.  I will see them meet new people and find out what friendship does and doesn’t mean.  They will learn how their faith matters to their everyday lives and how it applies to the choices they make.  They will also be learning more about how to cook meals and clean house! (That will be their favorite, of course!)
Ecclesiastes 3 states, “To everything there is a season...”  And tears and joy are a part of them all. Give thanks to God for your children.  Ask His blessing upon them as they grow.  And welcome His blessings for you, too. Celebrate life!

-Pastor Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment